Monday, September 9, 2013

Spell Check

It occurred to me that I’ve probably picked up some new readers in the last couple months who may not be familiar with my style. First, let me say welcome and I appreciate you taking time out to read my musings. If there’s a chance that you’re going to continue to read The Gay Gasp there one important thing you should know:

I am and have always been a very bad speller. Horrible in fact. If you’re going to continue to read what I write then you should expect spelling/grammatical errors.  It’s just a fact of life. Don’t be confused, I do try my best to get everything right and every post goes through a spell check program.  Unfortunately there’s often a word or two that slips through the cracks. Think of it this way, my spelling errors are like a special gift to all of my grammar Nazi readers. Every time I make a mistake you can get that special feeling of superiority you love so much. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. 

While we're at it, I should also touch on subject matter. As you ready you might start to think I am talking specifically about you. Trust me... I'm not. My everyday life does inspire my writing but it is almost never about one specific person. While there may be a person who sparks the initial thought, I need to see the actions repeated by other for it to warrant it's own post. Otherwise my blog would turn into one big burn book. Also, if you're self aware enough to think I'm talking about you it's most definitely not about you. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment