Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Quick Update

Last week I took a mini vacation from blogging for my birthday. Let me get you up to speed on what's been going on:

I just learned that monumentous is not a real word.

I made the controversial decision and changed my first name from Joe to Joey on Facebook. Okay, I'm kidding, it wasn't that big of a deal but it has created a lot of buzz. I unexpectedly turned heads by adding a Y  to my name. It didn't seem so strange to me because my entire family calls me Joey. I'm a junior and my father is and always was Joe. So one night I had a momentary whim and changed it assuming it would largely go unnoticed. Also, it should be mentioned, this doesn't affect any name changes in real life. If you already call me Joe you can keep calling me Joe. Joey is just another option. Other welcomed nicknames include: The Gay Gasp (used by Darren and Mark Albert), Joe Bob (used by my Dad when I was little because my middle name is Robert), and Joseph (used by a lot of work colleagues). Or if you can come up with something more creative that's possible too. 

New Music Alert: Royals by Lorde




I turned 32 on Labor Day. I like being an even numbered age.

I'm looking forward to seeing Blue Jasmine. Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin and Andrew Dice Clay... Sign me up. Side note: I've always secretly loved Andrew Dice Clay.


My parents and sister live on diet soda. More specifically, they live on diet Pepsi. I grew up hating diet soda. Since making the switch I realized an important lesson. I don't hate all diet soda, I just hate diet Pepsi.

On a related note: In the past 6 months I've lost about 25-30lbs. I try to write about my life with honesty but my feelings about it are complicated and I'm not sure how to tackle the issue in a blog post. I also hate when people go on and on about weight loss. More to come... maybe.

Up coming events: Dallas Pride, a Miranda Lambert concert, and a possible visit from my sister in October.


1 comment:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday wishes. Mega hairy muscle happy birthday hugs. Also sending you congrats on losing the weight. Major accomplishment, stud.

    ReplyDelete