Monday, September 30, 2013

My So Called Leto

Who get's your free pass?

Jared Leto is an actor as well as the lead singer of the band 30 Seconds to Mars. While many actors try and release an album in a feeble attempt at a music career, Leto is the real deal. His band has gone on to legitimate success apart from any acting fame. 

Talented actor AND musician... what’s the problem? 

Let’s be honest Jared Leto looks like he’d be an incredible douche bag. We're talking Chris Angel level douche. I can't imagine him as having a quick wit or likable personality. Instead I picture him and Kanye bonding over their disdain of fame and celebrity. On paper he’s the type of person who would normally invoke a huge eye roll.

With all this said, I still like him. I'm a huge fan and hope he has nothing but success in life.  There’s one pivotal detail I forgot to mention. In case you've forgotten, he played Jordan Catalano on the My So Called Life. It should also be mentioned that MSCL was one of the best shows EVER!  Buzzfeed needs to get their act together and do a Top 20 Reason Why My So Called Life was Perfect in Every Way. Ok, back to Jordan.. I mean Jared. Regardless anything else he does in life I'll always like him and he'll always get a free pass for the bad stuff. Jared Leto spit in your face? That's ok, I still like him. Jared Leto hates puppies? That's ok, I still like him. Jared Leto married Kristen Stewart and they've banned smiles and happiness around the world? That's ok, I still like him. 

He and his character represented the perfect actualization of the 'bad boy' you love despite the fact that he's a dick to you. Because that show will always have a place in my heart, Leto gets off easy. By the way, if you've never seen the show, it's a must see. Also in case you're wondering: Yes Claire Danes gets the same free pass. In fact hers might even be stronger than Leto's. And yes she also seems like she might be a lady douche. But hey, I still like her.





P.S.
1. 30 Seconds to Mars is pretty damn good 
2. My other Free Pass holder is Mayim Bialik who is in no way a douche. 


No comments:

Post a Comment