Sunday, December 18, 2011

2011: The Year of Adele

I like to think of myself as someone who's on top of trends. Although I can't take credit or claim to be the first Adele fan, I definitly was ahead of the curve. (I first posted about the release of her album 21 it back on March 6th) I became an instant fan of hers 2 years ago after hearing her debut album 19 in the car coming home from a party with my friend Randy. If you haven't heard American Glory it's an amazing song. The world finally caught up with me and Randy and fell in love with Adele in 2011. 21 is the first album to be the number in both CD and digital sales. Rolling in the Deep, the first single, is the best selling song of the year. It's the first single to sell 5 million copies in 14 years. 14 YEARS! (the last being Elton John's Candle in the Wind in 1997) Her second single, Someone Like You also ended the year in the top 25.

She's an amazing talent who's stayed out of the lime light in recent months due to health problems. I wish her well and hopefully her recovery from her recent throat surgery is going well. I would love to see her give a big 60 Minutes style interview when she comes back. She needs to claim her crown for Musician of the Year.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment