Monday, August 15, 2011

Dear Diary

I'm not a story teller. When I started this blog I made it a point not to focus on the daily stories of my life. I didn't want this to turn into a diary. Hopefully you've learned something new and laughed while reading my weekly babble. That being said, I realized that maybe it's time for a personal update on what's going on in my life.

This summer was generally uneventful. I went into it with a mindset of trying to scale back my travel spending. (Here is some back story: About a year ago I left my job as a retail store manager at Oakley to work for an insurance company. I am very happy with my choice even though it came with a $10,000 pay cut. Let's just say my spending hasn't been cut back as much as my pay check. Ouch!) I passed on Bear Week in Ptown because I can't justify $300+ a night for a hotel room in old rundown Cape Code. I wonder if Groupon has Ptown deals?

Otherwise work is going very well. I continue to work form home full time. Working from home has it's pros and cons. I save money on gas however it's very easy to become a hermit during bad weather. The two questions I get asked most about working from home are: "Do you work in your underwear? and Do you have men stop over on your lunch break for a blow and go?" With regard to dress code, I don't work in my underwear, although I could. My uniform is usually gym shorts and a t-shirt (with no underwear) As for sex, No I don't have hook ups lined up for my break. It's a good idea in theory, but getting a guy here exactly at 1:00pm to swallow his cum and out the door by 2:00pm is tricky logistically. My job is very time specific and scheduled down to the minute. There's not a lot of wiggle room. Add in the fact that my sister has been off for the summer and we live with 3 Pugs who go bonkers whenever someone comes to the door. Here's a secret: I moved into this apartment in March of 2010 and I still have not had sex here. With the dogs and my sister being a home body I have decided not to bring guys home. It's just easier that way.

Now to the subject I tend dance around...Dating. I'm currently single. I've gone through several phases over the last couple years from wanting a boyfriend to enjoying the freedom of singlehood and back to wanting a boyfriend. Right now I'm not sure where on the spectrum I've landed. Being alone sucks, but getting my heart broken sucks too.

Next up on the horizon is my 30th Birthday Labor Day weekend. I've decided to go to the underwear party at the Alley in Boston that weekend. Stay over night in a hotel, have a nice dinner etc. After that I have no major plans for the fall. A trip back to Toronto my be happening in October as well as Spooky Bear on Halloween Weekend. I've never been to Spooky Bear but this year I'm going to try and make it up there. Now I need to come up with an awesome costume.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment