Monday, June 13, 2011

Tracy Morgan

Last week Tracy Morgan of 30 Rock fame did a stand up show in Tennessee and went on an anti-gay tirade. Read the full story below:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/10/tracy-morgan-homophobic-act-rant-comedy-gay-threats-kill-son-30-rock/

Either the story hasn't been making very many headlines or I just missed it. But you'd think this would be a story the media would jump all over. Morgan did release a statement afterward apologizing. ""I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville." It sounds like a cut and paste from the PR manager's apology hand book. Personally I don't buy it. But as I was reading the article on TMZ.com as was struck by one of the reader's comments:

"So we live in a society now where you can't tell jokes that might offend some people? Get me off this planet."

Who said he wasn't allowed to offend people? I support his right of free speech to say whatever the hell he wants. He has every right to do so. However all of your actions are going to have a reaction. For example you have the right to tell off your boss and call him a moron and an idiot. Your boss also has the right to fire your ass. You can run your mouth but be prepared to deal with the consequences.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment