Friday, June 17, 2011

Damn You Marc Jacobs

What do you see when you look at this picture?

What if I told you this was the latest ad campaign for Marc Jacobs. I've always hated his print ads because the general theme is always a celebritty who looks like a cracked out homeless person. (in this case Helena Bonham Carter)  Here is my issue, yes these ads grab your attention. If he was an up and coming designer aiming for the hipster crowd I'd say good job. But he's not. His cloths are worn by celebrities and ladies who lunch. The ads misrepresent the brand. Plus...would this make you want to spend $1000+ for a jacket? I think not. There must be something I am missing because Jacobs has been running these ads for years and has gone on to tremendous success. I still just don't get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment