Monday, January 17, 2011

I WON THE LOTTO!

Ok, so I didn't win the lotto...but what if I did? What would I do next? This is what I think about whenever I'm driving or my mind is blank. For example. would I give people money? If so, how much? I don't know everything I would do, but here is what I know for sure:

Step 1: Go see a financial planner. I'm not a money expert, so let them figure out how much to I should be saving, spending, etc. I've seen too many shows on Lotto winners who go bankrupt 5 years later.

After leaving the financial planner's office I would drive straight to the airport and get on a plane. Best idea is to get away and figure shit out. A money bomb has just blown up which probably fucks you up in the head. Rest, relax, figure out a plan. Depending on the time of year, I probably go to a tropical destination to sit on the beach for a couple days. Either that or go shopping in Vegas.

When I returned home, my next purchase would be a new car. Big expensive flashy cars are not my thing and they don't impress me. (Most of them seem like a big waste of money) However I do need a new one because the Matrix has close to 140,000 miles on it. Also see my earlier post about the Mini Countryman.

The major step would be to buy a condo. My dream is to live in Blue Back Square. There was a 2 bedroom unit for sale a couple of months ago for $650,000. So you can see why I'll need a lotto ticket for the move. As for a second home...I'd like one on the beach but I'm not sure which beach? So the summer home might take more time.
Other things on the to do list would be to sign up for laser eye surgery. Only if they could fix my vision without having to actually touch my eye with a knife. That's a deal breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment