Sunday, January 9, 2011

Beep! Beep!

I like my car but it's horrible in the snow. HORRIBLE. We got snow this weekend and my car prevented me from going out Saturday night because it took me 45 minutes to get out of the drive way due to a patch of ice about 1 foot wide. Part of that 45 minutes was walking to Walgreen's to get salt and ice melter. Side note: My sister's SUV was able to get out with no problem at all. Right now I drive a 2003 Toyota Matrix which has served me well and hopefully will last up to the 200k mile mark. (I'm at about 140,000 now) The Matrix is just the hatchback version on a Corolla and therefore not designed for heavy winter travel.

As I sat home last night I started to think about what my next car should be. I want something good in the snow, and my dream would be a cute hybrid car with 4wd. That being said, the only cute cars that fulfill that narrow criteria are an $88,000 BMW or a $108,000 Lexus. Everything else is a huge clunky SUV from Ford or Chevy. No Thank You to any of the above. So I'll have to widen my search. Getting a car that is good in the snow leads toward the 4wd SUV market. I've never been a huge fan of SUV's because I don't like being that high off the ground. (In addition to the poor MPG ratings) That's when I found it. My new DREAM CAR: The Mini Cooperman ALL4.  I've always wanted a Mini and now they have a 4 door model with all wheel drive. Perfect! If you go onto their website http://www.miniusa.com/ you can build and customize your own model like I have done above. Now the only problem is the $30,000 price tag. Does anyone have $18k taking up space that they'd like to get ride of? I'd be happy to take it off your hands. In return, you can get the first free ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment