Thursday, April 3, 2014

Random Thoughts

Maybe this is well known by everyone but me but did you know that, for the most part, Elton John didn't write the lyrics to the majority of his songs?! That blows my mind. I've never been a huge fan of John's personality but I always respected his musical talent and achievements. With this new information I feel like I need to re-evaluate my whole opinion.

Financial advise from someone who is broke: You might find yourself in a situation where you can't pay all of your bills. If you have to skip/miss a payment try and choose a utility bill because they do not impact your credit score. Payments for electricity, cable, heat, and oil can all be late without long lasting consequences beyond late fees.


I cancelled by cable yesterday. I needed to cut costs and I've been considering it for a while. I deeply love watching television so it's going to be a BIG adjustment. Luckily I can watch Drag Race and the Wendy Williams show online. Now if E Fashion Police would join in and put full episodes online everything would be perfect. Yes those are the my top three favorite shows. (I don't want to live in a world without Wendy Williams) More to come on this topic as time goes on.

I was talking to a couple of friends the other day and found myself in a very unique situation. As we talked it occurred to me that I was the only person there in a relationship. I was the classic Carrie single girl amongst a sea of married friends for so many years that it's a refreshing change to be on the other side. I don't write about my relationship very often because it's the area of my life that I'm the happiest in and most people don't want to read a sappy article about mushy love stuff. I'm consistently amazed at what a good pair we are together.

During that same conversation I also got a solid piece of wisdom that I wanted to share. While we were talking about past mistakes, a friend pointed out how easy it is to confuse strong sexual chemistry with true intimacy. How many of us have been guilty of that in the past?! It was a truth bomb and I was Pearl Harbor.

Add Oklahoma to the list! I keep a running list of all the states I've been to and will take any opportunity to add a new one to said list. In talking to my boyfriend, I discovered that I'm in the minority on this practice. Regardless, I finally crossed the boarder and Oklahoma has been conquered. (We took Russ' parents to see Frankie Valli) There's a small possibility that Louisiana also be added later this year if I decide to go to Decadence.

I have to give another plug for the Vitamin String Quartet. The LA based group is a bunch of classical musician's who cover well know pop songs. For example they have a whole album devoted to Lady Gaga covers. BANANAS! (said in the voice of Rachel Zoe) VSQ doing Bad Romance is my favorite. Then I looked them up on Spotify and found out they have an even bigger catalog to choose from. Definitely worth checking out. #Trimblewouldbeproud


I now own www.thegaygasp.com. More to come on that in the very distant future.


P.S. Before the angry comments start: I'm not saying Elton never wrote lyrics, I'm just saying it wasn't his 'thing.'

No comments:

Post a Comment