Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Diana Ross and the Supremes




I love Diana Ross and I had a major bucket list moment this past weekend when I got to see her live in concert. My first exposure to Diana Ross and the Supremes was through the television show Designing Women. I used to watch it with my mother when I would get home from school. In the episode "The Rowdy Girls" the ladies perform Ain't No Mountain High Enough at a charity talent show. It remains my favorite Supremes song to date. (Love Child is a very close second though)

Diana Ross is truly a living legend. She broke barriers and made it possible for Destiny's Child, Beyonce, TLC, Rihanna and many other to achieve success. If you still aren't sold, here are some fact to prove her place in history:

The Supremes are still the most successful female vocal group of all time with 12 number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 Cart.

Their album The Supremes A' Go Go was the first album by an all female group to reach number one in the US. (it also knocked the Beatles out of the top spot when it did so)

Guiness Book of World Records declared Diana Ross the most successful female musician in history with a total of 70 hit singles.

She is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

She has two stars on the Hollywood walk of fame. One for the Supremes and one as a solo artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment