Saturday, December 8, 2012

New Music

This week's new music breakdown:

Will.i.am (having to type his name like that makes me dislike him more) has a new video for his song Scream and Shout featuring Britney Spears. The song sounds like something I've heard before... Nothing specific but it's as if he took a bunch of Black Eyed Peas' songs, put them in a blender, and added a dash of Britney. Also is Britney singing with a faux British accent? Who does that? Either way she looks AMAZING! I'm also ashamed to admit that I may be obsessed with this song. I heard it on the radio and liked it a lot more without the video.

Poor Nicki Minaj. Her new album isn't selling well. Maybe it's because people don't realize she has a new one out. She needs a new idea. Here's the break down: Her first (and most successful) album was Pink Friday. Since then she keeps trying to recapture that magic. Her second album was titled Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. Ok, not the most original title but I can deal with it. Lady Gaga did it once so I'll give you a free pass. (Let it be said that Lady Gaga did it much better with The Fame and The Fame Monster respectively) Now her third album is titled Pink Friday Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up. Seriously? I mean really? I think it's time to scrap the whole Pink Friday thing and start fresh. 


I have a love hate relationship with Pink and currently I'm on the side of hate. I won't go into the whole thing now, but I've always thought she was a bit of a hypocrite for her song/video Stupid Girls and more recently I cringed at the line "Too school for cool" from her song Raise Your Glass. Regardless of my opinion, Pink has been turning out hit songs for years. Her new video for Try is very well done and should win an award for choreography if such a category exists. Unfortunately, unlike Scream and Shout, this song needs the video. When I heard Try on the radio it felt like something was missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment