Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Slow and Steady

When I write a blog piece I try to be as honest and forth coming as possible. With that in mind, I thought this would be a good time to update you on my relationship status. When I first moved to Dallas I met a wonderful guy. Since then we've spent a lot of time together and he's become an important part of my life. What can I say, I'm a smitten kitten. There's one detail I should mention though. While we are going on dates, we're not officially dating yet. Don't worry it's not like the subject has been ignored, it's just better for us to take it slow and steady. I'll admit I'm a little scared of screwing things up because I have such a lack of dating experience and he's a little gun shy after a very long relationship ended. That's why easing into things works best for us.  It also just makes sense to me on a deeper level. I associate a deep bond with time. The biggest crushes I've had in the past have always been for guys I've known for a reasonable length of time. I do not believe in love at first site. Taking our time also gives me a chance to see myself in the 'boyfriend' role. It's not a switch that happens over night when you've been single as long as I have.

A lot of people have a hard time wrapping their heads around the slow and steady concept. When I explain it to them I get the same exact response: "Well as long as you're happy..."  Friends wouldn't be friends if they weren't looking out for me and I know my best interest is their number one priority. They are afraid I'm being strung along only to end in heartbreak. You don't have to worry, my eyes are as open as my heart. However please know that your concern means a lot to me and I'm blessed to have people who care so much about my happiness. I can't predict what will happen in the future but I know I'll survive and be happy.

The only problem that remains is should we be called Roey or Jussell?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment