Saturday, October 13, 2012

Iconic TV Moments

Designing Women has been one of my all time favorite shows ever since I was a kid. One of my favorite moments from DW was when Julia Sugarbaker confronts the current Ms. Georgia World after she has bad mouthed Susan Sugerbaker. (a former titleholder and Julia's sister) To be honest, it's one of my favorite scenes in television history. Unbeknownst to me, my favorite scene of the series is an iconic gay monologue. I had loved it for years before I knew that there were thousands of gay men who shared my opinion. Local bars in Dallas broadcast it on their TV's on week nights. It's one of those random pop culture moments that links us all together. Well, those of us in a certain age range. Without further delay, I give you "The night the lights went out in Georgia."






Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment