Saturday, July 14, 2012

iAddiction

Oxy, Meth, Pot, Booze, Cigarettes, Heroine, Ecstasy, Ketamine, Uppers, Downers... iPhone?

The theme song for this post is You're the Worst Thing for Me by DJ Irene

I don't consider myself as someone who has an addictive personality but there are several things I can't live without. Number one on my list is my phone. You can live a long and happy life without ever touching an iPhone but once your finger slides that unlock key get ready for the addiction to take over. I discovered just how obsessed I was this past week at work while processing some extensive but mindless attorney bills. Repetitive mindless computer tasks are the easiest way to fall asleep and having Rihanna playing in my ear was key to keeping me awake. Also during mini breaks, I was able Text, Facebook, Instagram, Growlr, Twitter, and Style.com. Let's just say by the time I got home my battery was at about 20%. It's genius is it's simplicity and easy of use. It puts information at your finger tips. Let's say you want to see a movie, just tap the Flixster app and it will show you movie theaters and times in your local area. I've become so reliant on it that I really don't know of another way to look up movie times. Here's another scenario: you're on a trip in a hotel starving for some dinner but you're to tired to go out. Open the Domino's app and after a couple finger taps you have a freshly made pizza delivered to your door. (I've used that app more then I thought I would) And I'm sure I don't have to tell you the wonderfullness that is Tumblr.

I first got an iPhone about 3 years ago when I was a unhappy Sprint customer who was ready to jump ship. At the time Droids and iPhones were almost the exact same price. In the end, I decided to go with the Apple because if I was going to spend all that money I wanted to real deal and not an impostor. Droids are wanna-be iPhones. Apple did it first and did it the best leaving droids behind to play catch up.

Obviously the iPhone is not my only vise.
-One could make the case that shopping is one of my addictions. Although I would laugh at and say, "I can stop anytime I want..."
-I've been addicted to a person. It's rare but when you meet someone so intoxicating and charismatic you'll completely understand.

What are you addicted to?

No comments:

Post a Comment