Sunday, May 22, 2011

Off The Grid

Wikipedia defines Six Degrees of separation as:'

'Six degrees of separation (also referred to as the "Human Spider Web") refers to the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away from any other person on Earth.'

I suspect the gay universe is 5 degrees of separation, and the bear universe...well that's about 3. What's the point of any of this? I'm single and trying to meet single men is difficult. Trying to meet NEW single men that are not entrenched in my social web is near impossible. I refer to these rare men as 'off the grid.' If you're cute and bearish in the northeast you've dated or fucked someone I know. I once went on a date with a guy who lived an hour away. I thought I had found someone new. Not only did he already have a boyfriend but he spent most of the evening going on and on about my friend whom  he met in Ptown. (A couple of months later he ended up at a party of yet another friend) Is this a regional phenomena or do guys is San Diego have the same problem? This issue is not going away. On the flip side I save time. When I am interested in someone I just ask a friend for the stats and info. Therefore I don't waist my time on a hotty with a boyfriend. Although...my new theory for finding a boyfriend is that I have to steal him away from someone else. All the good men are gay and taken.

P.S. Here's a game- Go on Facebook and search a generic name like Tom, Mike, or Steve. Scroll down the list of people who all have at least 1 Mutual Friend.

P.P.S. I also get very annoyed when I meet someone new and they are not on Facebook. I know, hipocrisy.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment