Tuesday, April 10, 2012

$50,000 Dreams

How much money would it take for you to quit your job? Everyone has dreams of holding the winning lotto ticket for a multi-million dollar fortune, but life doesn't always work out that way. What if you won $50,000? It's more then my current salary at work so I'd be more then easy to live work free for a year. A year without work would mean I could travel near and far without restraint. I could sip cocktails by the GPS pool or take a road trip across the country. Oh the possibilities...

But a year goes by fast and in the end I'd be out of money and out of a job. So $50,000 would not be enough to quit my (current) job. If I won a million or more I would definitely quit. No questions asked. It's the equivalent of more then 20 years of my current salary. If I won anything under 1 million it would take a lot of thought and consideration. Although most likely I'd use it as supplemental income instead of a primary source. If I got $600,000 I could buy a nice condo in Blue Back Square but then I'd have no money for the utilities and condo fees... so work would be required. $200K would be a great way to pay for a lot of first class flights to bear runs across the country. If I had my choice, I would want to win Connecticut lotto's Lucky for Life where they pay you $2000 a week for the rest of your life. That would be perfect! Half the money could be used for bills and practical matters while the other half could be pure fun money.

Dear God, please challenge me with these difficult choices one day. Please!  

.

No comments:

Post a Comment