Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Laya One On Me

Last night I caught Carrie Fisher's one woman show "Wishful Drinking." To be honest, I could take or leave Carrie Fisher. Having never been a huge Star Wars fan, I don't have the emotion connection with her that others do. Still, when I saw it playing on HBO it peaked my interest. It was great. I was glued to the TV for the entire show. Before this, my basic knowledge of Fisher consisted on knowing her parents, her turn as Princess Laya, and Postcards From the Edge. Oh and the fact that she's bat shit crazy. The politically correct term is Bipolar with a dose of Electro Shock treatments thrown in for fun. Either way, she's a funny performer who's had a long and very interesting life in Hollywood. One of my favorite parts of the show was the visual diagram of her fucked up family tree. Her parents were the older generation's Jen Aniston and Brad Pitt. However in their case the temptress brunette was Liz Taylor instead of Angelina Jolie. If you get the chance to see it on TV, I highly recommended it. The best word I can use to describe it is Captivating.


No comments:

Post a Comment